As tomorrow seems so far away for most children, your talent for envisioning the future, helps them see what is possible before they can. Remember to celebrate the present, and not skip too far forward, missing the sweet moments here and now.
Do you have FUTURISTIC?
- Your creativity and imagination
- Your vision for a better tomorrow
- The ability to see possibility instead of roadblocks
- You are a dreamer
- Am I appreciating the here and now?
- Am I being realistic with my vision of the future?
- Am I remembering to say thank you or appreciate current efforts?
- Am I co-creating with others or am I telling others how it should be?
Ah, the possibilities! It’s so much fun wondering “what if?” with your kids. Listening to the dreams they have, what they want to be when they grow up, what they think the future looks like – you soak it all up. They love that their imaginations can run wild with you. You encourage them to explore all avenues and what could be. Try not to be too preoccupied planning and preparing for their future. There are plenty of sweet moments in the here and now to celebrate along the way. And remember, a child’s idea of the future may only be next month. Be sure to adjust to where they are now and how far ahead they can see. With you by their side, and a belief in their possibilities, they’ll dream bigger and go further.
Does this sound like you?
How does Futuristic show up for you at home? I’d love to hear your story.
To get more great insights on #practicalstrengths as we develop them, sign up here.